Felicitations followers! I realize many of you have been anticipating this blog for a while now and would like to say that I am truly sorry for keeping you waiting for so long! I'll cut to the chase, my familiar selections are Billy Joel heavy: Honesty, She's Always a Woman, Tomorrow is Today, and Anthony's Song. In my opinion, Billy is one of the best musicians that relies on a good 'ole piano. In all four of these songs the piano is used to woo the listener and is guaranteed to win them over with its charm along with Billy's dreamy voice. The thing that I found musically interesting in all of these songs is how although each of the songs has a different message and tone, I get practically the same feeling from all of them.
For my unfamiliar selections, I listened to Won't Get Fooled Again by the Who and Heroin by The Velvet Underground. The musical quality that both these songs share is the use of the electric guitar. The Who used the electric guitar to rile the listener up with a the motivational rock sound. The Velvet Underground on the other hand uses a solitary electric guitar to give the listener a calm, peaceful vibe and worked their way up to a nerve-wracking climax. I especially enjoyed Heroin and honestly plan to add it to my relaxing playlist. That's all folks! See ya next week (Maybe a little sooner tho ;) )
Yours truly, Nicholas.
Lovely entry this week, Nicholas! I am not a fan of Billy Joel and have only heard one or two of his songs, so I cannot agree or disagree with you. I do love dreamy voices and being wooed, so I will have to listen to your recommendations! In regards to your unfamiliar music, I am more familiar with those choices and feel as though you described the music and it's elements well.
ReplyDeleteNicholas, masterful entry! Billy Joel is also one of my favorites and I hope even after our Music Appreciation course is completed you continue to analyze his music!
ReplyDelete