Friday, November 20, 2015

     Hello followers, Nicholas here. I will be reporting today on the god-like song Bohemian Rhapsody. Behind the angelic vocals of Freddie Mercury, a company of instruments take the listener on a trip to Heaven and back. The dynamics that the instruments express as the story unfold in the song are my favorite facet that Queen put together. The emotions that Freddie conveys through his lyrics are emphasized by the crescendoing instruments. The listener receives complete closure as the song comes to a close through the soft, smooth piano chords ringing out, touching the soul.
     For my unfamiliar selection, I listened to Cristofori's Dream by David Lanz. The part of the music that stood out the most in this piece was the tempo. At the beginning of the song the tempo is slow and gives the song a methodical, and cautious feeling to the listener. However as the song moves through movements the tempo quickens to build tension and emotion in the mind of the listener. I also enjoyed how David masterfully kept the listener engaged in the piece with his musical ability. I enjoyed listening to this piece and plan on exploring David's works further.
X O X O
The Nixster

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Nicholas. First off, let me just start by saying that this post is masterful. Your description of Bohemian Rhapsody was spot on- I felt like I could hear the song in my head just from your miraculous words! Also, great job focusing on the musical elements of the song! Perhaps next time you might want to insert the length of each song and the links to each of them, but, other than that, splendid work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicholas, I may have heard of this Bohemian Rhapsody song before and you description of it being "a trip to Heaven and Back" is spot on! Personally I enjoy how the song changes so much from slow drawn out notes to fast rapid notes. The work by David Lanz sounds interesting Mr. Nixster

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world needs the KKK!

    ReplyDelete